The Manchester College is one of the largest General Further Education Colleges in the UK, as well as the market leader for offender learning and skills.
The college offers education and training solutions for society as a whole – individuals, communities and employers and has been delivering further education since 2008.
The Manchester College’s ESOL department has been graded outstanding by the recent OFSTED inspection. All teaching staff shall hold PTLLS Level 3 (or recognized equivalent) as the minimum teaching qualification (or be working towards it).
TMC delivers a wide range of further, higher and vocational qualifications. Among others:
• Integrated Study programmes offering basic skills and ESOL, numeracy ICT and Employability tailored portfolios
• Workplace bespoke language & ICT MS office training to targeted second language speaking employees
• Off campus community language support for families
• Working closely with DWP (Department of Work and Pensions) JCP ( Job Centre Plus ) for the unemployed, primary focus on language and employability
• Managing and drawing down funding opportunities EFA (Education Funding Agency 16/19 education, SFA ( Skills Funding Agency) adult
• NOVUS ( offering bespoke training for prison educators)
• Princes Trust and – traineeships ( pre apprentice schemes)
• Embedding functional skills English into vocational courses provided to (English for Speakers of Other languages ) and native speakers
TMC have experience with formal education and VET and also from basic skills in working life. They also have a strong research departement.
Visit website: www.tmc.ac.uk